Monday 13 October 2014

Johnny Cupcakes Midnight Delights SITCM Volume 7


A wee trip to London this weekend brought a very welcome surprise!

I've been a fan of Johnny Cupcakes for a few years but never managed to get a hold of any of the t-shirts. Friday evening at 6pm the Carnaby Street store in London were opening to sell the Something in the Cupcake Mix Volume 7 box set of three exclusive Halloween tees. I didn't expect this to be a thing, but when I walked past at 17.20, there was a queue running down the street. It was only about 15 people long at that point, so I joined and waited. And I'm glad I did! Stock was limited and plenty more people joined the queue after me (shout out to the friendly guy that chatted with me about Adventure Time! My wife went to look at Christmas decorations in Liberty...).

They come in this excellent box, which is detailed brilliantly and lots of fun. It opens like a book and gives you the name of the three shirts that are inside.


I love the tees that were made for this year, all in the style of old school pulp horror novel covers, or old horror comics. There are 2 black shirts and one grey (the grey being my personal favourite).

First up is The Baker's Bones. The screaming woman in the blade of the knife being held by the zombified baker's hand is a nice image. The tee also has a small wrap around tag at the seam in classic orange and black colour scheme and the Johnny Cupcakes cupcake and cross-bones logo can be found on the back, just below the neck, in a nice red colour.


Next is my personal favourite, Terror Rises, which is a cupcake blob monster attacking a woman in the lake. I just really love the image on this one, and the grey sets it off nicely.



Again, this tee comes with the tag at the bottom seam, and the JC logo on then back.


And finally, we have The Cupcake Corpse, with the image of a melting skeletal woman trying to give her beloved a tasty treat!


This tee is my wife's favourite of the bunch, and it's definitely a close second behind Terror Rises for me. This shirt, of course, comes with the tag, and logo, just like the other two tees in the collection.


I'm really glad I got to pick these up and they're a good price for three Johnny Cupcakes shirts. If you're interested you can visit Johnny Cupcakes here and check out the full range of shirts.


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment